Councils and committees in the school have the right to express an opinion and to make suggestions in all matters concerning the school. They shall be continually updated on the school community, and have the right to recieve documents concerning matters related to health, the environment and safety aspects.They shall be included in matters of planning and the execution of environmental measures at an early stage. Where the school becomes aware of circumstances in the school environment that may have a negative effect on pupils' health, parents and pupils shall be warned about this immediately.
Every school shall have:
- A working committee (primary and lower secondary school)
- A school committee (upper secondary school)
- A student council (both school levels)
- A parents' association (primary and lower secondary school)
None of the comittees and councils have decision-making authority, but provide both pupils and parents with the opportunity to make joint statements.
- Lov om grunnskolen og den vidaregåande opplæringa av 17. juli 1998 nr. 61 Opplæringslova